Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympicmania

It has been a busy couple of weeks, but I am back. . . for now. I confess that one of the things that has taken up my time, especially this last week, is the Summer Olympics. I am a Summer Olympics fan and I love watching all the athletic events if I can ( Hey, it only happens once every four years, so I've got to take advantage). I think the athletes are amazing and it's just so great to watch them perform at their best.
Anyway, what I have specifically loved about these Olympics is the time at home we all have spent watching the Olympic events. Amazingly, my girls love to watch them! I realized that they especially enjoy watching the synchronized diving and beach volleyball events. We have pushed their bedtime a little later so they can get the chance to watch them and it's been fun. They can sit there together and watch until it's time to go to bed without fighting with each other once. Aren't the Olympics great!!


1 comment:

  1. We've been staying up late too! I've been so tired, but everything is justifiable when its only every four years! My kids have loved the synchro diving and the gymnastics. We replayed the mens 4x100 freestyle swimming relay for them and I thought they were going to hurt themselves because they were jumping, clapping, rolling, screaming, and flopping at the end when it was so close!

    ReplyDelete