Sunday, April 27, 2008

Walla Walla

This past week Ben was sent to training meetings in Walla Walla for the entire week. So, the girls and I were left at home to have fun just ourselves. It was hard because we missed Daddy the very same day he left, but we tried to have some fun keeping the same routine so we could feel better. Taylor and McKay were very good. They went easy on me. I guess they knew it was two against one and wanted to give me a break. However, I have to say: "I do not know how single parents do it!"
By Thursday, we missed daddy very much that he invited us to come to Walla Walla that evening and spend the night with him in his hotel room. It is only a 50-minute drive to Walla Walla and it was only for one night that it was a piece of cake to pack the girls, put them in the car, and drive there.
I think this was the first time we spent the night in a hotel room with the girls. Luckily, Banner Bank had booked Ben in a suite, so we had more than enough room for everyone.
The girls were very happy to see Daddy and I think they enjoyed their one-night-stay in the hotel.
At night, the girls went to sleep with no problem. Unfortunately, McKay is teething and she woke up in the middle of the night. Silly me forgot to bring her drops, so she slept with us which wasn't very much fun because she could not stay still for more than five minutes (she moves around way too much when she sleeps and she would cry when we put her back in the portable crib). We took turns holding her, so we were lucky if we got four hours of sleep together that night. It was a bad night, but we enjoyed spending time with Ben. I felt bad that he had to go to work the next day being soooo tired, but he made it!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet Daddy! I love that picture. Yeah, anytime our girls are in our bed its like sleeping with an egg beater!

    ReplyDelete